December 21st -Well, this is one of the greatest nights of my life for 2009. As many know, I have learned the art of firedancing with poi's this past summer. So I have been mastering my style and ability devotingly since. This night was my first real public appearance, even though I have danced at a prominent party in Ottawa and on the beach of Mexico, this was by far, the biggest audinece ever. Thousands of people crammed the streets of Toronto's Kensington Market to participate in the Festival of Lights.I danced in my own spiritual arena to the heartbeat of my spirit's drum ...it was like I was apart of a flaming pow wow. The drums, the nish and the magic moved my soul to a new height that still sends chills through my spine. This was the most amazing winter experience of my life!
Yes... I managed to catch myself on fire. Kindly "lol" to yourself, as this half assed near death experience wasn't due to my novice technique but rather the loose threads on the my sweater. I usually don't wear much clothing while fire dancing but... Hey man... this was Winter...OUTDOORS. I learned after circling the arena that the bonfire of art was 'bringing light to the darkest night' and was keeping us all very warm.
Oh My Gosh, the video camera died right away...and then there was literally thousands of people surrounding the dance arena, so none of my friends could get close enough to get a good pic:
Oh well, one day maybe...

...after all, some of life's best memories live in the heart.
I didn't manage to get any pics of me dancing at this event for my friends couldn't get in close enough because there was just too many people...haha, the funniest part is...they couldn't even see me dance :( it was tooo crowded.
I'll be dancing again next year...write that down.